Tool-Rank Hot Topics Of 09 Hot
It is hard to believe but the year 2009 has come to an end. I am sure many of us have had a hard time this past year, none the less 2009 has been full of some great tool news and some unexpected news.
In 2009 Bosch entered the pneumatic fastening tool market with a rather large splash. They didn't just enter with a couple tools to test the waters, they entered with a full line of nailers of every size and a line of compressors to go with them. Maybe a bit of a risk, but I am sure Bosch was counting on their new Full Force Technology to help them take away a bit of the market share. Full Force Technology, which you can see in my video overview has significantly reduced the size their nailguns and at the same time increased the tools overall power.
Some other huge news in the tool industry was the Stanley merger with Black & Decker. This combines two big names in the industry into one power house. Stanley, known for their hand tools will bring: Stanley, FatMax, Bostitch, Facom, Proto, Mac Tools, Sonitrol, Stanley Security Solutions, Best, and Vidmar. Black & Decker brings the power with: Black & Decker, DeWalt, Porter-Cable, Emhart Teknologies, Kwikset, Baldwin and Price Pfister.
Now what did you think was hot in 2009. Here are the top 10 viewed articles of 09 in order.
- How to use Fein attachments in the Dremel Multi-Max
- Run Your Own Backyard Sawmill
- Rockwell SoniCrafter Oscillating Tool Review
- Turn your Circular Saw into a Track Saw
- 2 new 12" miter saws from Milwaukee
- Fein MultiMaster Patent Expire Is Fine With Us
- Makita's New Ultra-Compact 3-Piece 10.8V Combo
- Cadex CPB23.50 23 gauge pin nailer
- Makita Has A New 10” Slider With Twice The Rails
- Makita's New 2705 10" Contractor Table Saw
Here are the top 5 viewed user reviews of 09 in order
- Dremel 1.5 Amp Multi-Max Oscillating Kit - 6300-01
- Werner NXT1A06 6 ft. step ladder
- Milwaukee 12 Inch Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw - 6955-20
- Bosch 18 Volt Litheon Compact Tough Drill Driver - 36618-02
- Bosch Digital Laser Range finder Kit - DLR165
It looks like interest in oscillation tools was high on everyone's list in 09. Will it slow down in 2010 or will people's interest shift to the next hot tool? Like... maybe the Senco Fusion cordless nailers.