by Chris     March 08, 2014    
Overall rating 

Function 

Battery Life 

Quality 

Value 

Comfort 

Ridgid combo kit and radio

Let me start by saying that as a contractor, I rely on my tools. I am not afraid to spend money on tools. My expectation is that the tools live up to the claims of the manufacturer.
I bought this combo tool kit because of Ridgid's reputation and the "life time" warranty. The staff at Home Depot recommended the tools saying the battery life was "great". I was a fool for not doing more research.
The batteries for these tools are terrible! They suffer from a ridiculously short operating time, so bad in fact that I use two chargers just to keep moving.
When I went back to Home Depot to act on the warranty, I was told that all warranty claims are handled by an outside dealer. Home Depot was worse than useless here as well, they couldn't even give me correct information about the repair shop. After much research I found the service repair shop. The outside dealer told me that the warranty applies only to the original tools and batteries. Once the tool or battery has been returned for warranty, the replacement is no longer covered by the lifetime warranty, only 90 days.
Through all of this I tried repeatedly to communicate with Ridgid. I sent three letters and did not receive any sort of reply. When I contacted them on their website and detailed my issues with the product and warranty, I was told to take it up with Home Depot.
The bottom line here is simply this...Do Not Waste your hard earned money on any of Ridgid's battery operated products!

Pros
none
Cons
batteries pathetic, warranty is crap
Made in
china
Add Media
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account?