by IndyEngineer     July 29, 2010    
Overall rating 

Function 

Power 

Quality 

Value 

Comfort 

Craftsman Easy to Read Impact Sockets

I purchased two sets of Craftsman 1/2" drive deep well impact sockets from sears.com earlier this year, one in SAE and one in metric. Other than the fact that I got them on sale for 59.00 a set, I was first struck with the easy to read laser etched labeling on them. As I get older and my eyesight gets worse, I am definitely glad that Craftsman has incorporated this into the design. I passed my previous Craftsman impact sockets on to my son in-law and used that as an excuse to make the purchase of the new ones for myself. I love them. How can you not, with a lifetime replacement warranty?

I had my last set for sixteen years and they still work like the first day I got them. I have never had one break, crack, or strip out but it is still nice to know that warranty is there. I also like the fact that they are made in the USA. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside along with peace of mind. I'm looking forward to using my new set for my lifetime.

I am also planning on replacing my 3/8" drive sets with the easy to read design too. That will make the old eyes happy. Not that I need an excuse to buy new tools, I just need an excuse to replace good tools.

Pros
Easy to read, good price, and lifetime warranty.
Cons
N/A
Made in
USA
Add Media
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account?