Finally! Cordless Tools You Can Plug In - Metabo HPT Hothttps://www.tool-rank.com/media/listing/photos/thumbnail/300x300s/b2/48/12/C3610DRA-2-82-1541748107.jpg
We all love the idea of cordless versions of our favorite benchtop power tools that we can use out in the field, but we are less thrilled about what happens when these power-hungry tools drain the battery. Metabo HPT (formerly Hitachi Power Tools) has launched a brand new line of MultiVolt power tools that address this issue. If you run out of power, simply plug the cordless tool to into a wall outlet.
The way this works is pretty simple, Metabo HPT has built an AC adapter that slides right into to the slot where the MultiVolt battery would go. This adapter is compatible with the entire line of Metabo HPT MultiVolt tools.
An interesting thing that Metabo HPT is doing is they are not selling most of their MultiVolt tools as kits. Instead, end users will have the option of selecting either a Battery/Charger Starter kit OR the AC Adapter–FREE with the purchase of a Metabo HPT MultiVolt bare tool. Additionally, they are running a promotion from November 1st through December 31, 2018, where end users can register online to receive a FREE MultiVolt battery ($99 value) with each purchase of a Metabo HPT MultiVolt product.
Metabo HPT MultiVolt tools include:
- C3610DRA - 36V Brushless 10" DB Sliding Miter Saw (w/ Adapter) $619.00
- DV36DA - 36V Brushless Hammer Drill: 1,220 in-lbs (4.0Ah x 2) $399.97
- C3607DAQ4 - 36V Brushless 7-1/4" Circular Saw (Bare) $359.00
- C3610DRAQ4 - 36V Brushless 10" DB Sliding Miter Saw (Bare) $619.00
- CR36DAQ4 - 36V Brushless Reciprocating Saw w/ Orbital (Bare) $399.00
- DH36DMAQ2 - 36V Brushless SDS Max 1-9/16" Rotary Hammer (Bare, w/ Case) $749.00
- DV36DAQ4 - 36V Brushless Hammer Drill: 1,220 in-lbs (Bare) $359.00
- G3612DAQ6 - 36V Brushless 4-1/2" Side Switch Grinder (Bare w/ Bag) $359.00
- G3612DBQ6 - 36V Brushless 4-1/2" Paddle Switch Grinder (Bare w/ Bag) $359.00
- WH36DBQ4 - 36V Brushless Triple Hammer Impact Driver: 1,860 in-lbs (Bare) $379.00
- WR36DAQ4 - 36V Brushless 3/4" High-Torque Impact Wrench: 812 ft-lbs (Bare) $499.00
- WR36DBQ4 - 36V Brushless 1/2" High-Torque Impact Wrench: 775 ft-lbs (Bare) $449
- ET36A - 36V AC/DC Adapter $149.97
- UC18YSL3B1 - MultiVolt 1 Battery Starter Kit (36V/18V 4.0Ah/8.0Ah, UC18YSL3) $149.97
- 372121M - 36V/18V Li-Ion Slide Battery (4.0Ah/8.0Ah) $99.97
For a launch of a new tool platform, under a new brand, this is an impressive selection of tools. I can see the real benefit of being able to easily change from cordless to corded on a number of these tools, especially the miter saw and rotary hammer. This is how all tool platforms should be, and I wonder why it has taken this long for an AC adapter for a cordless tool to become a reality.
This platform is available now at Lowe’s and Menards, or you can make your purchase online from ACME Tools.
So why MultiVolt? According to the above list, all of the Metabo HPT MultiVolt tools seem to run on 36V of power; even the AC adapter is 36V. It appears the only reason these are branded as MultiVolt is so people will know that these batteries are backward compatible with all of Hitachi’s 18V slide type tools. In the Hitachi tools, the battery will be in an 18V power mode that offers 8.0Ah of runtime.