Power Tools Bosch - 13-amp Reciprocating Saw - RS20 Reviewshttps://www.tool-rank.com/media/listing/photos/thumbnail/300x300s/53/f1/04/315_boschrs20_1229458798.jpg
- Rating: 120V AC
- Amperage: 13.0
- No-load SPM: 0-1,900 / 0-2,800
- Stroke Length: 1-1/4"
- Length: 18.0"
- Weight: 8.2 lbs
- Direct-Connect saves user time and money with no end plug snagging, easy cord repairs, and easy tool storage.
- Bosch LockJaw blade change system allows for one handed blade insertion and ejection.
- Brute drive wobble system durable long lasting drive system.
- Saw hook easy reciprocating saw storage between cuts.
- Light provides versatility to line of cut for tight cuts.
- Dual speed high and low speed settings.
- Soft grip Bosch ergonomic handle arc design increases user comfort.
- Variable speed trigger easily control the rate of cut.
- Soft grip boot provides user sure under-hand and over-hand cutting.
- Foot adjustment push button design allows easy foot positioning.
Plenty of power, but......
I have occasion need for one of these and bought this one mostly because it was priced about half of MSRP, but also because it has the same power cord configuration as a Bosch circular saw I have. Neither of the saws has a power cord. They have female receptacles w/ spring clips that hold 12 AWG power cords that can be wrapped around fixtures on the saws that take the stress off of the plugs' connection. Actually, I had another consideration in buying this saw. It's got a fairly beefy 13 amp motor, which fits the "more power is better" principal of tool buying.
And in actual use the saw definitely has the power to do some heavy cutting, but sadly at a cost to the user, big-time, bone-shaking vibration. Like me, if you're only using the saw for a few minutes and then you're done with whatever you need to do then it's not too big of a deal. Most people's joints will probably just shake it off. If you need to use it for any length of time beyond that then I might recommend another saw that offers reduced vibration as one of its main features.