by Chris     December 17, 2009    
Overall rating 

Function 

Power 

Quality 

Value 

Comfort 

Rockwell Sonic a good thing

I got the Rockwell Sonic RK5107K a year ago. I finally used it to cut wood to repair my shed where other tools failed, i.e., jig saw, reciprocating saw, they simply could not reach. These tools either had too much power, not enough to do the job or were too clumsy to handle. It took a while to learn how to use it. Afterwards I found the RK5107K very precise. I learned the limitations of the machine! You cannot be in a hurry. Using the correct speed is key factor to success with this tool. Making holes, slots and trim away areas were very quickly completed. I was very happy with this tool considering that my carpentry skills are questionable to say the least. I felt that I was under control. If you mess up with this tool it is usually your fault! Vibration is very high but it is a SONIC tool. Noise and vibration are to be expected. I wore my eye and ear protection. The cutting blades need to be made better. A users manual with more information on what attachments to use would be nice. The cost of the attachments are very high. I am looking at other sources of attachments which might work with the Rockwell Sonic at a cheaper price.

Pros
It does what they say it would do
Cons
Vibration, attachment
Made in
Made in China
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account?