(Updated: November 12, 2010)
Overall rating 

Function 

Power 

Quality 

Value 

Comfort 

Rockwell Sonicrafter Review

I am a finish carpenter and a cabinet/custom furniture builder. In my 40 years of remodeling/property repair it is by far the best tool I have ever purchased. I've seen the commercial many times for the Fein machine and would not buy it because of the cost. Rockwell brought this SonicCrafter out and I bought it from Lowes for $122.00. I used it on several jobs and the wood cutting blade was wore-out. I went to Lowes to get another one, they were $20.00 EA but they didn't have any. I looked at the Dremel cutter and it was too cheesy and little. I went to Sears and bought 2 in a package for $13.90 incl. tax. It took five minutes with a file to fit them to the Rockwell machine. I'll not buy blades from Lowes even if they do get them in stock. I don't think a carpenter should be without one of these tools.
Jim Green
a-1propertyrepair.com.

Pros
Easy to use, plenty of power.
Cons
Rockwell blades way too costly, blade holder harder to use.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1  

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Written by Chris
November 12, 2010
Both Bosch and Dremel have come out with universal adapters that will allow you to use their respective blades on other multi tools such as the Rockwell Sonicrafter. You can read about both of them here http://www.tool-rank.com/index.php?option=com_tag&task=tag&tag=universal-adapter
1 results - showing 1 - 1