by Chris     September 25, 2010    
Overall rating 

Function 

Power 

Quality 

Value 

Comfort 

Repair store twice 2nd summer

For my small yard without hills, it's okay. The small tires causes it to get saddlebagged in most places the lawn is uneven like around tree roots. It feels like it will tip on the smallest slope. That's stuff doesn't bother me, but what does is that it loses it tune up or something and either runs rough or quits running at all. It may run disengaged, but engaging then kills the engine. Near the beginning of its 2nd summer it quit running and I took it in for a repair. I had them check it out, give it an oil change and a tune up. They couldn't put their finger on the problem, but it ran fine after that. Here 4 months later, it would run engaged again. This time I took of the air filter housing and played with the carbureator linkage. I also where the filter hose seems lose possibly getting too much air in, so I fooled with that. I put it back together and it ran fine. I mowed once fine. Then at the beginning of the next time, it isn't running engaged again. So it seems that the carb linkage gets out of whack or there is too much air getting into the mixture. I'm not sure what's up, but not feeling inclined to go through the trouble of running it to the repair store and paying $100 too many more times. I came to this site to see if others were experiencing this problem keeping it running.

Pros
single blade
Cons
small tires, runs rough or not at all
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account?