by PutnamEco     January 24, 2009    
Overall rating 

Function 

Battery Life 

Quality 

Value 

Comfort 

Great Every Day Drill

One of my everyday drills, this has functioned well for me. I really appreciate the light. It has made my life easier on many occasions. Nice not having to go run for a work light when you have to drill in a dark place. Light is even bright enough to use as a makeshift flash light. The light lights, and stays on with just a light tap of the trigger,you don't even have to spin the bit, this is handy for lining up to a mark.
If I'm doing a lot of drilling I usually go through two charges before lunch, and two after, for more moderate use a charge usually last more than a day.
This drill is a clunky shifter, both for its speed and mode. Sometimes you have to spin the drill to change speeds, and the mode selector feels as if it may snap off. It hasn't yet in the 2 years that I've owned this drill, but it does feel as if it will. It does shift between forward and reverse quite well. Trigger speed control is smooth and fairly progressive.
The chuck works well, as long as it is kept clean. The battery removal on mine sometimes feels a little sticky, as the battery fits well. I never notice any looseness in the battery mounting system.

Pros
Lighted, long run time
Cons
clunky shifting
Made in
Japan
Add Media
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account?