Makita BTD140 LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Impact Driver Kit Hothttps://www.tool-rank.com/media/listing/photos/thumbnail/300x300s/af/10/41/53_BTD140400_1200371130.jpg
* 45-minute optimum charger (DC18SC)<br />
* Tool case (824753-5)
LXT Lithium-Ion battery and optimum charging system produces 280% total lifetime work with 2x more cycles
- Makita built, 4-pole maximum torque motor delivers 1,280 in. lbs. of efficient torque in a compact size
- 50% more compact design at only 5-3/4" long and weighs only 3.3 lbs. for less operator fatigue
- Ergonomic shape fits like a glove with even pressure and easy control
- LXT Lithium-Ion provides longer run time, 5x lower self-discharge (for use any time) and 16 firm holding contact terminals (for constant high power)
- 45-minute Optimum Charger and battery communicates throughout the charging process using the built-in chip in the battery and built-in CPU chip in the charger. The Charger also uses "Active 3 Control" for current control, thermal control and voltage control
- 45-minute Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery to produce more lifetime work
- Built-in L.E.D. light for more illuminated work
- Makita’s proprietary hammer and anvil are made using the highest quality steel and heat hardened to last longer
- Electric brake for immediate stops and minimizes kickback
- Two-piece armature and field along with externally accessible brushes for serviceability and longer motor life
- 3-year warranty on tool and 1-year warranty on battery
Got to be a classic
This has to be one of my favorite tools. I use it almost daily and it never fails to perform. Perfectly balanced, exceptional runtime (2-3hours driving 3" deck screws) and just about all the power you could ask for.It will drive 5" lag bolts, just not as fast as the Milwaukee V18 or the other higher voltage (and heavier) models.
The only fault lies, not with the tool itself, but with the since upgraded charger. The fan dies and then the charger goes up in smoke.
The newest model (btd141) has a one touch chuck that you don't have to pull the collar to lock the bit, and a new and improved charger.
This is my 3rd Makita impact and by far the best. Two other guys I work with have it as well.