by Guest     January 11, 2010    
Overall rating 

Function 

Power 

Quality 

Value 

Comfort 

Hitachi 40 info

This was my First scroll saw. Since then I find I can definitely upgrade later, and will when this one wears out. My second project on the saw was with
Spiral Blades (reg. not flat end ones) It worked fine for them. Just put them in like any other plain end blades. Don't know why they didn't work for the other reviewer. Too much tension makes the lower blade pop out sometimes, but I just tighten down more and then it usually works OK. Only have this with very fine 37 tpi blades however. The light is pretty much useless - get a better brighter clamp on type. One day I will get a better saw, but it will and has made many projects for me and I love using it.
I did also remove the Hold down clamp as it actually got in the way and made it more dangerous to work on small projects - when you can't get your fingers in the right place to hold it down! (We all know why they put them on the saws).
I also Used the gray screw clamp from the hold-down Clamp in place of the little round one from the upper arm (that uses Allen key). That way I do not need the tool to tighten the top clamp. A big plus to me.

Pros
Good Value for the price, does the job, low vibration
Cons
Lower blades sometimes pop out at higher tension
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account?