by SulSaw     February 02, 2009    
(Updated: February 02, 2009)
Overall rating 

Function 

Quality 

Value 

Comfort 

Plumbers Torch

Like most people I don't like the idea of working with a flammable source only inches away from a flame. This Benzo torch gives us flame weary folks the breathing room we desire. I don't do a ton of plumbing, mostly I do little repair jobs here and there and when I do it's usually in older homes where reaching things can often become an exercise in futility. This torch solves a lot of those problems and really allows the user to get into those often awkward ,tough to reach spots fairly easily.
Another nice thing about this torch is not having to worry about flare ups, the tank can always remain in the upright position, which is great.
The kit also comes with a handy clip that allows the user to attach the tank to a belt and keeps the regulator knob within easy reach during use.
The torch kit is well made, made of brass and heavy duty rubber, perfect for a DIYer or handyman, I wouldn't classify it as contract grade but it's pretty heavy duty nonetheless.
So far I've used it for paint removal, driveway repair, plumbing, roofing ,even cooking, it's a very useful tool that's good to have around.

Pros
Solid construction, uses both MAPP and propane
Cons
none
Made in
USA
Add Media
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account?