by Buck Henry     August 27, 2012    
Overall rating 

Function 

Power 

Quality 

Value 

Comfort 

Toycen Tradesman Twin 68

Machine is new to the market, so have only had it a couple of months. Came recommended by a friend. While expensive for a bench grinder it can't be compared to 3,600 RPM stone grinders, this is a precision piece of equipment.
Have had no problems, and after daily use in my shop there is zero wear visible on the wheels. The diamond and CBN wheels ran perfectly true right out of the box.
For precision grinding it can't be beat. There is nothing else in the market like it.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for, and this was an expensive purchase, but after running it daily for a few months I don't regret the purchase and would do it again. Every shop doing precision work needs one.

Pros
Ability to execute amazing levels of precision with the plated diamond and CBN wheels. Industrial quality with 10 year warranty. No stone dust and little to no heat generated from grinding. Can grind at slow speed, controlling the process better and no more burning tools. Very high quality machine, reminds me of a piece of German or Swiss equipment.
Cons
A bit pricy at $1,500.
Made in
Canada
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1  

Ordering 

Already have an account?
Written by Kilmarnock Farmer
November 29, 2012
Just a comment on the review. I purchased a Tradesman in Sept, 2012 and am very pleased. We use it almost every day and it gets hard use. The plated wheels don't show any wear, which I find amazing because I would have gone through at least one stone wheel already, plus there is no wheel dressing required and the wheels give a consistent flat surface all the time.

The machine is very powerful, and with the variable speed we don't burn tools anymore.

I recommend the Tradesman if you are serious about your tools.

I just received their new catalog in my e-mail, and the price has dropped on the Tradesman, down to about $1,200. Based on the experience in our shop it's worth every penny we paid (about $1,500).
1 results - showing 1 - 1